Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Olympian Misty Hyman Interviews me at USMS Summer Swimming Nationals

1148990_10151869958586018_458839316_n

I had the pleasure of finally meeting Olympian Misty Hyman. She interviewed me as part of the Day 5 recap of the USMS Summer Swimming Nationals. Here’s the link if you want to check it out.
In the photo posted above, I’m about to swim a mixed 200 free relay with Anna DeLozier, John Swick, and Aung Sann Oo. John, our relay anchor, poses with me in this pic.

I have to say my California dreams all came true at this meet. It’s been a lifetime dream to swim in the Mission Viejo pool and I enjoyed racing, hanging out with my teammates, watching my husband swim his first ever nationals races, and meeting new people. I brought home lots of medals, placing in the top 3 in 3 individual events (2nd 50 breast, 3rd 100/200 breast) and 2 relays, signed a lot of books for swimmers, and topped off the trip with a relaxing ocean swim in La Jolla Cove and an indulgent night’s sleep in the Grande Colonial Hotel. Swimming is truly a gift that invigorates me, keeps me in top physical condition, and helps give me the mental fortitude to persevere and achieve goals in and out of the water.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on making a dream come true

    michelle
    www.michellehowardwrites.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete